Senator Cynthia Villar said she will continue to build livelihood projects in addition to the almost 2,000 projects she had helped establish all over the Philippines to benefit more people.

Villar, chairperson of the Senate Committee on Agriculture and Food, said she will be putting up projects that will help develop the dairy and coconut industries.

“A housewife I met in Ubay, Bohol gave me an idea that raising milking carabaos is profitable. She is raising three milking carabaos and the dairy processing center buys the milk, which gives her an income of P18,000 a month,” the seasoned legislator said.

“A housewife I met in Bohol gave me an idea that raising milking carabaos is profitable.”

The Nacionalista Party senator also said this type of “sideline” will be appealing to housewives who want to earn extra without living the family home.

“I want to establish a dairy center for every province in the country so we can provide the same opportunity to other people,” the veteran lawmaker said.

The lady senator also said the project will help develop the dairy industry, which at present produces only 1 percent of the demand, leaving us to import the remaining 99 percent.

“Once we increase our dairy production, we can already make milk affordable and accessible for our children.”

“Once we increase our dairy production, we can already make milk affordable and accessible for our children,” she said.

In addition, Villar is also pushing for the establishment of processing centers for coconut water and coconut sugar in coconut-producing provinces.

“Our coconut farmers will not have enough income on coconut alone. We have to teach them to intercrop, raise livestock and processing of coconut to increase their income,” she said.

Villar who is seeking Senate re-election as “Misis Hanepbuhay” has established almost 2,000 livelihood projects in the country that produce water hyacinth handicrafts; waterlily and garlic handmade paper; citronella massage oil and mosquito repellents; coconut weaving and charcoal briquette out of waste coconut husks; handloom blanket weaving; bamboo processing; bamboo parol-making; recycling of waste plastic into classroom chairs; kitchen and garden waste composting for organic fertilizer; and vermiculture.

Training courses are also offered for free at the two Villar Social Institute for Poverty Alleviation and Governance (Villar SIPAG) Farms Schools she had established in Cavite and Bulacan. These training programs include rice seed production and mechanization; vegetable farming, mushroom production; sweet corn production; native animal production; aquaculture; farm business school; selling and marketing; and farm tourism site accreditation.

Meanwhile, the Villar SIPAG TESDA Schools for Construction which offer training programs on masonry and construction painting will also rise in Iloilo City, Cagayan de Oro City and Davao City in addition to the ones operating in Las Piñas and San Jose del Monte, Bulacan.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *